Patient Links / Self Help

We hope you find the links below useful. Whilst we try to keep the links up-to-date and relevant, Middleton Lodge Practice is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Nottinghamshire County Council have a new website dedicated to Self Help and the ways in which you can help yourself.

It is the key place to go to find advice and key contacts for Carers and Care Homes, General Advice, Housing, Financial advice, keeping healthy and much more.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS offers confidential advice, support and information on health related matters and provides a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.

PALS can provide:
help with health related problems,
help resolve concerns or problems when you use the NHS
tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare

PALS can also give you information about:
The NHS complaints procedure
Support groups outside the NHS

Contact details for PALS:
PALS, Newark and Sherwood CVS, 67 Northgate, Newark, Notts. NG24 1HD Telephone 0800 028 3693

POhWER is the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service and can offer free, independent, confidential advice: Telephone 0300 020 0093.

Patient survey link

NHS 111

NHS 111 is a new service that has been introduced to make it easier for patients to access local healthcare services

You are are required to call 111 if:
1. You need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
2. You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
3. You don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call.
4. You need health information or reassurance about what to do next

The NHS 111 service is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses.
They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, then give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you
straightaway to the local service that can help you best. That could be A&E, an out-of-hours doctor, a walk-in
centre or urgent care centre, a community nurse, an emergency dentist or a late-opening chemist.

Patients who wish to complain about primary care services maytake their complaint to either the provider (GP, trust, etc) or the commissioner, NHS England, but not both. The North Midlands Complaints Service is responsible for dealing with all new complaints and complaints should be sent to the NHS Customer Contact Centre – contact details below:

Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT.
Email[email protected]
Tel: 0300 311 2233

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with by the provider or commissioner, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

Post: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London. SW1P 4PQ
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0345 015 4033

Self Help Nottingham

There are nearly 300 self help groups in Nottinghamshire – find the right group for you: Information line: 0115 911 1661
Monday – Friday 9.00am -1.00pm

Email: [email protected]

A wide range of health-related information can be found at